tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 21 23:30:24 1994

Re: West Coast Klingon Seminar?

Lawrence:

: >   Would the person who was interested in helping put on a "West Coast" KLI
: > Seminar please contact me.  I'd like to get this thing started!
: >
: >   Also.. if anyone is interested in attending a KLI seminar in the western
: > region of the US, please contact me.  I'd like to see what location is
: > central (and cheap) for everyone to get to...
: >
: > -majiq
:

[ bureaucratic stuff deleted ]

: Or to give you another and more specific example: The Klingon Language
: Camp held in Minnesota in 1993 *was* sponsored in part by the KLI.  The
: camp held in Minnesota this summer, 1994, was *not* sponsored by the KLI.
: You may have seen it mentioned in HolQeD, and that is because the KLI is
: in the business of promoting the language, and the camp was intended to
: do that, so it was deemed appropriate. If someone (and by someone I mean
: someone qualified and able to pull it off) puts together a Seminar out
: west it too would most likely receive support, as this year's camp did.
: It would still not be a KLI event.  It could become one, but that would
: be between the organizers of the event to work out.

I think you may misunderstand me, Lawrence.  The "KLI Seminar" I was
suggesting was the "Knicker Lamination Infatuation" Seminar.
(We have some lovely pantaloons ready for the wearing)...

:
: Sorry for the bureaucratic stuff, but like I said, our lawyers require it
: of us.

Thanks for the note... I'll keep it in mind...

: Lawrence

-majiq

Back to archive top level