tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 18:08:58 1994

Re: How to translate the bible???

On Fri, 19 Aug 1994, Heidi Wessman wrote:

> I like calling it the Old Testament and the New Testament.  I have found,
> through my own studies, that that is the best description of the
> Christian bible.
>
> I still believe the KJ version should be translated over to klingon as
> closely as possible.  There are many different ways one could read and
> translate the bible that any deviation from a direct literal translation
> may be considered an imposition of the translators beliefs.  I know how
> much others wish to avoid that.

Yes.  It is essential that the translators do not put their "opinions" in
the translation.  That is what ruined the KJV of the Bible and has turned
Christianity into a religion of repression and prohibitions, instead of love.

Qapla'

Starr

Back to archive top level