tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 06:34:56 1994

Re: blind back-translation requested

Genovo':
> I have translated a phrase into Hol, and I'd like to get some feedback
> on it. It seems straightforward, but I figured I'd post it blind first,
> so as not to bias the translations, and then later post what I really
> wanted to say and see if chaH ("y'all" :-)) can help me get a little
> closer to the original idea. Here it is:

<chaH> means "them".  I think you want tlhIH, which, in my secret
translations of everything off the list, I generally translate as "y'all"
(to differentiate it from a singular "you".)

> 	tIqwIj luwav qo'mey law'

"Many worlds divide my heart."

If that is what you meant, yes, it was very straight-foreward.  Just be
aware this is considered by some to be idomatic.  *sighs*

> Many thanks,

You're Welcome.

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level