tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 23:54:07 1994

Re: Re: Age, Experience

Well, from what we see on DS9, if they don't die along the way, they must
be damned near immortal.  As a matter of fact, we know Kor, Kang and
Koloth are way above 130, assuming they were at least 30 when they appear
in TOS around 2266-2269, and that the 2d season of DS9 occurs in 2370...

It might be interesting if Klingons had a lifespan of say 300 years.
This might have created an evolutionary pressure toward a battle-based
culture, if seniority in Klingons might contain not-so-honorable traits,
such as poor vision, alcoholism, senility, etc. that could be avoided if
one died young in glory....  And the Darwinistic view that this would
prevent the overpopulation that will soon plague the Earth, thus allowing
Homo Sagittarii (forgive the old reference) to prosper on Qo'noS....

[email protected]                        overheard- "Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager (eff 8/94)     operate in a vacuum, can
Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
POB 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"

Back to archive top level