tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 23:49:06 1994

Re: Age, Experience

Well, since people seem so intent on learning ages...

I turned 35 toward the end of last July, just a couple weeks from the
time of the qep'a'.  As I commented at the time, having gotten my start
in artificial languages twenty years earlier with the Mythopoeic Society
and Tolkien's Eldarin tongues I felt a bit like the wheel had turned.  I
was relieved to learn that charghwI' had a few years on me, so that *I*
didn't have to be the old man at the meeting. :)

The two decade spin is also part of what made my recent talk at MythCon
both bizarre and fun.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level