tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 19:58:15 1994

Re: KLBC: Re: rI' nobmey nobw...

> The difference that I see is that if you wish to convey "And I
> see trI'Qal", then you want {'ej} at the beginning. As it says
> in TKD 5.3, the use of {je} following a verb is less a
> conjunction for the verb than it is for the subject or object,
> and it is ambiguous as to which it refers.
>
> You seem to be saying that "I saw trI'Qal, too," means "And I
> saw trI'Qal." The conjunction "and" adds something, and in this
> case, for me, it means, "I did something to trI'Qal and I also
> saw her." Two verbs, one spoken and one unspoken, probably
> referring to an earlier sentence.
>
> Meanwhile, TKD 5.3 interprets {je} after a verb to mean either,
> "I and someone else saw trI'Qal," or "I saw trI'Qal and someone
> else." See the difference? {je} is a conjunction for nouns.
> {'ej} is a conjunction for verbs. The former implies multiple
> nouns. The latter implies multiple verbs. Does this help?

WAHHH!

I'm still slightly lost.  If I wanted to say "I love you" and someone
else replied "I love you too", would that be:

qa{love}tah

'ej qa{love}taH

or have I missed the point completely?

--
{qSeroHS vayn}, who has just been level-drained...

[email protected]

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level