tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 20 05:55:02 1994

Re: KLBC: Re: rI' nobmey nobw...

> I'm still slightly lost.  If I wanted to say "I love you" and someone
> else replied "I love you too", would that be:
>
> qa{love}tah
>
> 'ej qa{love}taH
>
> or have I missed the point completely?

Okay, I have let the others handle this, and it still isn't clear... so I
am going to try and explain...

To say "I love you":

	qamuSHa'

(there are other ways to say "love", but I am using this particular
version, because I prefer it, okay?)

To say "I love you, too":

	qamuSHa' je

This is explained pretty clearly on page 55 of the KD, in section 5.3:

	"The noun conjuntion <je> has an additional function:  when it
follows a verb, it means 'also, too'.

	"<qaleghpu' je>  'I also saw you, I saw you too.'"

Make sense now?

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level