tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 01:09:13 1994

Beginning Grammarian Proposal

Here is a thought:

It seems that being the beginning grammarian is wearing 'em out faster
than can be tolerated... although they've all done nobly their best, I'm
concerned that sooner or later, we'll reach a point where there is no one
who can handle the volume.

Why don't we split up the task?  It could be split up among 3-4
grammarians, by using the date the mail was sent out.  If the date ends
in a 1-2-3, Grammarian A handles it.  If it ends in a 4-5-6 Grammarian B
handles it, and so on.  Each grammarian would also handle the follow up
posts to anything that they originally commented on.  The Grammarian
could add their name to the subject line, so people know who was assigned
to it... i.e.:

Subject: re: KLBC:  How to say "Big Dog"?  (Holtej)

Maybe we won't get to every single error that way, but I think that this
would handle a lot of the backlog, and keep things a little more
up-to-date, and not swamp whoever is the current grammarian with posts,
posts about posts and so on.

BTW, this is not a comment on anyone's past or current or future expected
performance.  Just trying to make everyone's life a little easier.

DrujIv (who is busily building cities and things, and can't read all the
cool stuff lately)

Back to archive top level