tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 01:25:17 1994

Power Klingon

As a follow-up to my comments about learning Klingon (and very few of
you have replied - are you all on holiday?)  I've copied my
"Conversational Klingon" and "Power Klingon" onto a 120 minute tape.  I
did this firstly to preserve my original tapes (don't want to wear them out
from constant listening), and secondly, and more importantly, so I could
listen to them on my Walkman, which I have found very useful for
learning whilst I travel places (Glasgow is small enough to walk most
places if you're not in a hurry), and if you don't mind funny looks as you
follow Marc Okrand's examples.

The two tapes fit nicely onto a 120 minute tape (with the end titles
edited out), which also makes it more portable than two tapes - I can
just keep turning it round endlessly.

It's just annoying to keep finding vocab. that isn't in TKD.  ie.
"aim" sounds like it should be {Qeq} - does anyone have an up-to-date
list or am I going to have to make my own? (I know it's good practice,
but it's a pain trying to distinguish between {Q} and {H}.)
--
{qSeroHS vayn}

[email protected]

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

PS. This is reposted as I don't think that the original got through.

Back to archive top level