tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 11 06:09:21 1994

Re: I'm back

According to [email protected]:
> So it's just that he doesn't like Klingonizations without some punctuation or
> some such that indicates that it is a Klingonizations. Then I wouldn't mind,
> but would resort to the *-* thing, since English words/phrases in Klingon
> sentences look sloppy to me.
>
> guido*

Well, in French, they say, "le weekend" and when we refer to a
soufle, we accent the "e" when we aren't restricted to ASCII.
It is normal when you use one language's word or phrase in
another language to do what you can to write it the way it is
written in the original language.

Similarly, when speaking, an English word in a Klingon sentence
gets the English pronunciation, so "plus" and "minus" are said
that way instead of as "pluS" and "mInuS". I know. I just put
"plus"mey in my KATE tape and stumbled on the pronunciation
'cause my brain was in tlhIngan mode.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level