tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 11 06:09:16 1994

RE: salutations!!!!

According to Mark E. Shoulson:
> ...  I've been looking over Cherokee, and the word for
> "my wife" is something like six or seven syllables, at least!
>
> ~mark

>From what little I know about Cherokee, I'd suggest you get
used to it. While the language is incredibly colorful and
capable of expressing levels of specificity that are poetic and
unmatched by any European language, efficiency of syllables is
not one of their strong suits. Get ready for words with fifteen
syllables...

The guy on the tape I have talks.... real.....slowwwwwwww.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level