tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 11 00:05:56 1994

Re: chay' tlhIngan Hol boghojta' tlhIH

Well, the best thing you can do for your vocabulary retention is
practice; and this is the best place to do it, because you can get a
daily exposure to tlhIngan Hol, and support while you learn it.

I find a useful way to maintain and improve my tlhIngan Hol is to read
it.  Go the the ftp site, and download some texts.  You'll find a lot
of vocab reused, and seeing the affixes used in varieties of different
possible ways helps in retention, too.

Also, every now and then I listen to the tapes, and concentrate on the
pronunciation of what I hear.  I speak tlhIngan Hol, as much as
possible, to my (10 week-old) son.  He doesn't criticize my
pronunciation!  {{{;)

--Holtej

Back to archive top level