tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 09 23:57:33 1994

Re: Translated Phrase

> 'Die with your teeth in your enemy's throat and your name on his
> tongue.'
>
> So far, what I have is this:
>
> biHeghvIS jaghlI' HughDaq Ho'Du'lIj yIlan 'ej jatDajDaq ponglij yIlan

Well, you need {-taH} go go along with that {-vIS}.  Or, you could use
{-DI'}: {bIHeghDI' ...}.

I'm not sure about using {lan} like this.  It sounds too, well,
gentle.  I might say something like {bIHeghDI' jaghlI' Hurgh yIchop
...}  But then, not as poetic, I suppose.

> I hope this doesn't have too many holes in it.

Just the one.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level