tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 08 09:30:26 1994

Re: KLBC: Re: Run Like Hell

> ***KLBC***
>
> > I have been straining my brain on the title for a while.  In it
> > you gave me, {ghu''or DaDa ...}  And said that the rest was not as
> > easy as adding {yIqet}.  Well, I have been struggling on this one
> > for a long time, and for the life of me, I cannot figure it out.
>
> Well, what would the sentence mean if you stuck {yIqet} in there?
> It'd be: "(you) run you resemble Hell."  Garbage.  Read charghwI''s
> excellent recent post on multiple verbs.  Think about what you want to
> say, and then think about the tlhIngan Hol tools you have to express
> that concept.  Here's one possibility: {ghu''or DaDa qettaHghachDaj}.

Except that your verb prefix doesn't resemble anything whatsoever to do
with the subject.

I suspect you are tryong to get your student to relaize this on their
own, and if I am overstepping my bounds by stating it flat out as I am
about to do, then tell me... but I would do soemthing like this:

	bIqettaHvIS ghe''or yIDa
	"While you are running, Act in the manner of hell"

Notice I corrected a spelling error in <ghe''or>, and I also switched to
an imperative (which is my interpretation based on the title).

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level