tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 06 23:38:15 1994

Re: Scrabble anyone?

> Oh, he'll take full advantage of playing pIqaDHommey, or whatever we
> shall call it.  On his first turn, it will be >Dalo'<.  Then he'll come
> back with >Dalo'qang<, then >Dalo'qangchoHlaH<, and so on.  Boy, I sure
> better make sure that [ng] isn't worth too much, or he'll be adding
> suffixes from Class 10.  (Don't ask.  Maybe ask ********.  I'm sure he's
> created some.  And some Class 11.)

Well, think of this:

If you use either -wI' or -ghach as your type 9 to nominalize, you can
now add noun suffixes on the end of your word, after all the verb
suffixes... okay, so they aren't really type 10, but it can add another 5
suffixes to your word.

Now the question becomes:  does this mess have a valid *meaning*...

> So I guess pIqaDHommey sets will be shipping soon.  Send $19.99 to me,
> in care of me, today....  :-)  (ranqo' Industries, of course.)

Dream on... {{:) {{:)

> >qembeltaS<--Look, Dave maybe has settled on one!
> [email protected]                        overheard- "Pardon me, but if I must
> David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager                operate in a vacuum, can
> Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
> POB 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"
>
> PS, I challenge someone to translate my overheard....

loghDaq jIvumnISqu'chugh, jIjotchoHmeH, jIHvaD "ether" DanoblaHneS'a'?

toH?

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level