tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 03 13:59:35 1994

Re: Scrabble anyone?

On Tue, 2 Aug 1994, Heidi Wessman wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 1994, ghItlhpu' William H. Martin:
> > moHaqmeyna'majvam mojaqmeyna'majvam je
> > Dalo'qangchoHlaHbejtaHneSchugh, vaj bISovchoHba'.
> >              /|\
> > charghwI'     |
>                 | --------------------------------------------------------|
> ghe'or' DaghoSjaj charghwI'! Oh.  Nevermind, I see you're already there.--|
...>
> Now, where did you get a word like that?  And how are you going to use in
> in Scrabble when you only have 12 letters.  And I thought playing poQ'ar
> with you was bad!
Oh, he'll take full advantage of playing pIqaDHommey, or whatever we
shall call it.  On his first turn, it will be >Dalo'<.  Then he'll come
back with >Dalo'qang<, then >Dalo'qangchoHlaH<, and so on.  Boy, I sure
better make sure that [ng] isn't worth too much, or he'll be adding
suffixes from Class 10.  (Don't ask.  Maybe ask ********.  I'm sure he's
created some.  And some Class 11.)

So I guess pIqaDHommey sets will be shipping soon.  Send $19.99 to me,
in care of me, today....  :-)  (ranqo' Industries, of course.)

>qembeltaS<--Look, Dave maybe has settled on one!
[email protected]                        overheard- "Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager                operate in a vacuum, can
Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
POB 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"

PS, I challenge someone to translate my overheard....

Back to archive top level