tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 05 21:59:01 1994

--/ Please Help with Klingon writing

----------

Sorry, I'm not able to speak Klingon and I will not learn, but I have a little problem with Klingon,
though.
Here we go ! I'm working on birthday present for a friend of mine. It's going to be colorlaserprinted
picture of a spacestation orbiting a planet. The picture will be raytraced. Because my friend is
going to be a brewer in the (near) future, the station looks like being build of beercans and it has
a little advertising on it, too. I thought that it may look nice, if the advertising had a Klingin
translation, too. So the sentence(s) following should be translated to Klingon.
Kesper Pilsener
       Since 2006
The beer that made it to the stars ...

The real problem is that it will _NOT_ look nice if I write there in roman letters. I posted in
nearly all ST related newsgroup, but no one was able to send me a picture of this little
advertisement. I already have a roman translation and it sounds:
QeSper pIlSener taHtaH cha' SaD jav DISvo'
         HovmeyDaq ghoSta' tIrHIq

You may or you may not correct this,, but please give a short explanation to your answer, and if
you're able to send me a picture of how it would look like in the original writing (please use the
newer glyphs, if possible) so please send it only twocoloured.

BTW, a guy in  alt.startrek.klingon gave me the hint to ask directly here.

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang
Mankind is more efficient with a bicycle.
The computer is nothing else than a bicycle for the brain !
                -- Steve Jobbs