tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 13 22:06:38 1994

Re: lab vs. lI'

On Apr 14,  4:09am, Bill Willmerdinger wrote:
> Might I suggest that lab be translated as "broadcast transmission", while
> lI' be translated as "directed transmission".
>
> Television or ham radio broadcast would be lab;  laser or microwave
> transmissions would be lI'.
>
> Qob

     No way. In ST3, {HablI' Su' labbeH} was spoken as Valkris was preparing
to transmit HIGHLY SECRET INFORMATION. I doubt she intended to broadcast it,
though that certainly would have explained Kruge's killing her. No. He killed
her because she simply had SEEN the data. If she had been broadcasting it, he
would have destroyed her ship during the transmission.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level