tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 13 16:09:35 1994

lab vs. lI'

yI'Ij!  "KLBC: qajatlh" Bill Willmerdinger jatlhchu'pu' Uucp
 Uu> From: Captain Krankor <ur-valhalla!codex.prds.cdx.mot.com!krankor>

 >     The definitions as stated are {lI'} = "transmit data (to a place)".
 >     Similarly, {lab} = "transmit data (from a place)" is ambiguous

 >charghwI'

 Uu> What you end up claiming (in the followup post which I did not quote
 Uu> from) is that lab is to transmit data and lI' is to receive it.
 Uu> This doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.  Hev is to receive,
 Uu> including data (used as such in ST5, reluctant though I am to rely

Might I suggest that lab be translated as "broadcast transmission", while lI'
be translated as "directed transmission".

Television or ham radio broadcast would be lab;  laser or microwave
transmissions would be lI'.

Qob

... Deghmey? Deghmey DIghajnISbe' maH jay'!

Back to archive top level