tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 13 21:42:53 1994

Re: Warped

marqem responds to Lawrence's joke about ta'ta':

> > Unfortunately, it doesn't work grammatically.  ta' is 'to
> > accomplish', not 'to be accomplished'; for that you must use
> > rIn.  ta'ta' could only mean 'he/she/it/they has/have
> > accomplished what h/she/it set out to accomplish'.  Close,
> > but no cigar.

Lawrence responds:
> Sigh.  Literalists.  So, I botched the English a bit...

charghwI' supportively offers:

     So? It could be a clipped {vIta'ta'}, or even more amusingly, it could
come from the lips of a wobbling Klingon with a spear through his midsection,
recognizing his imminent demise, he might look up to you and utter a clipped
{muta'ta'}. He clips, recognizing that two syllables are about all he has
left, so as the blood drips from his lips, he smiles and says, "ta'ta'" and
falls over dead.

     Now THERE'S a stylish exit!

charghwI'

Back to archive top level