tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 10 14:30:51 1994

More on the Klingon Pizza

This was forwarded to me by a third party. Anyone in the UK wanna confirm?

=Has snyone else in the UK seen this, or is it old hat?  I save it for the
=first time yesterday on Sky One and it had me in stitches.  For those that
=haven't seen it, it goes something like this:
=
=The Enteprise-D sails into view to the familiar strains of the ST fanfare.
=A bunch of Klingons gather round a view screen and curse loudly.  A brief
=space battle ensues in which the Klingons come off worst, and as the ship
=is about to explode they go through the "what are we gonna do now - Hit
=the Hut" routine, at which point they disolve in transporter effects and
=materialise in a Pizza Hut, where they proceed to stage a disruptor fight
=until they get a really dirty look from the waitress.  Finally, the ad ends
=with the usuall voice-over about visiting Pizza Hut, the ST space-ship
=beakers promotion, etc and the Pizza Hut logo.
=
=The extra joke is that every word of the ad, including voice-over and logo,
=are in what is presumably meant to be Klingon.  It doesn't sound particularly
=like real "official" Klingon, but the makeup, costumes, etc are authentic.
=
=I've only seen it once so far, so I may have got the odd "plot" detail wrong,
=but that's basically it.
=
=
=Murray
=
=Murray C Park: 30 Tavistock Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, England, UB7 7QZ
=email: [email protected]    Tel: 0895 854745
=

--
Nick.

Back to archive top level