tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 08 03:55:02 1994

Re: {lab} & {lI'}

Guidovo':
> When considering {lI'} and {lab}, keep in mind the parallel between this
> pair and the pair {jol} and {Qol}. {jol} means "beam up/aboard", while
> {Qol} means "beam away" with no real location in mind.

charghwI'vo:
     My own interpretation is less that there is or is not a destination in
mind. I thought this meant {jol} is beaming TO THE TRANSPORTER PAD and {Qol}
is beaming AWAY FROM THE TRANSPORTER PAD. In other words, when you are on a
ship beaming down to the planet, use {HIQol}. When on the planet beaming up
to the ship, use {HIjol}.

     One may wonder what you would say if you were beaming from one ship to
another, from one pad to another, but then again it would matter whether you
were talking to the technician at your pad or at the OTHER pad. I think.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level