tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 08 10:37:43 1994

{lab} & {lI'}

>charghwI'vo:
>     My own interpretation is less that there is or is not a destination in
>mind. I thought this meant {jol} is beaming TO THE TRANSPORTER PAD and {Qol}
>is beaming AWAY FROM THE TRANSPORTER PAD. In other words, when you are on a
>ship beaming down to the planet, use {HIQol}. When on the planet beaming up
>to the ship, use {HIjol}.

>     One may wonder what you would say if you were beaming from one ship to
>another, from one pad to another, but then again it would matter whether you
>were talking to the technician at your pad or at the OTHER pad. I think.

>charghwI'

So, it all depends on the perspective of the person at the jolSeHlaw. {jol}
is
what one does to transport matter to here. {Qol} is to transport matter away
from here, i.e., to anywhere else.

When speaking of transporting from one ship to another, it would depend on
which of the two ships' transporters were in operation. The sending ship
would
{Qol}, but the receiving ship would {jol}.

If we parallel this to {lab} and {lI'}, then we might deduce that {lI'} is
analogous to {jol}, as {lab} is to {Qol}.

Thus in ST3, {qa'vam De' lab valQIS De'wI'}, but {qa'vam De' lI' Qugh
De'wI'}.

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level