tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 15 23:56:33 1993

Re: Between

markvo':

>Oh, lovely!  I really didn't like the way {cha' wa'vatlhDaq} looked at all,
>but had nothing better.  {vatlhvI'} really does the job far better.  That's
>a construction I hope we allow ourselves to generalize, using {?-vI'} as a
>fraction suffix (like "-th" in English or Esperanto "-on").  We really need
>one, otherwise the only fraction we have is {bID}="half".

Well, I'm not so sure about generalizing -vI'.  Not the least bit
sure.  However, I do not feel that, lacking such a suffix, that we
are wholly without the ability to do fractions.  Were I to need a
fraction, I would use DoD.  Perhaps I am dealing from ignorance, but
isn't the "mark" in "course 111 mark 14" the same as a decimal
point?  A decimal point lets us do a vast wealth of fractions.

Extra credit (10 points):  Identify course 111.14.

                    --Krankor

Back to archive top level