tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 03 21:26:20 1993

Re: Names & faces

> > and one man dressed like a Klingon, complete with headplate.
>
>      Captain Krankor, although he may argue with the phrase "LIKE a Klingon."
> Would you say Clinton was dressed like a president or that John Paul was
> dressed like a Pope?

jItlhij.  tlhInganpu' vItIch vIneHbe'pu'.  pa' tlhInganpu' chaHtaH.  :)
tlhInganpu' vIleghpu' 'e' vIpIHbe'.  tlhInganpu'vaD tera'ngan Duypu'
vIlegh 'e' vIpIH.  tlhInganpu' teH vIleghpu'DI' jImermoHlu'.  QaghwIjmo'
rura' pente'Daq  HIngeHbe'qu'.  ;)

>      I will comment on the "headplate", however. The KAG in Greensboro, NC
> has what I think are better makeup people. Their ridges are a little more
> convincingly part of their faces, though preparation takes a while, and I'm
> not sure how well it could be done at a campground.
>
> --   charghwI'

Something like three hours for Michael Dorn.  I think that's what I heard.
Like I (think I) said before, I was fully expecting to see the terran
linguists who worked with the tlhIngan informants, not tlhInganpu'.  That
was an added bonus.  :-)

QangqorvaD "Klingon Language Camp"mo' qaHoy'neS
And to all involved in the KLC, Qapla'

Peter Garza
[email protected]

Back to archive top level