tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 03 07:36:36 1993

Names & faces

> Okay, my two credits, for what it's worth.  In order to disambiguate (is
> that a word ;?), if there is no context to deal with, how about using
> {-'e'} on {naDev}.  Since {naDev} is a noun, saying naDev'e' vISovbe'
> should make it clear that "this place" is what is unknown.  Or say naDev
> ghaH/chaH/bIH vISovbe'.  I don't think {-'e'} should be needed on ghaH/etc.
> since by the noun-noun construction this would mean "this place's person/
> people/things", and the person/people/things is obviously the object noun.
> Peter Garza

                         vIparHa'qu'

> P.P.S.  Oh yeah.  I saw both the ET and CNN report on the Klingon Language
> Camp and was quite jealous.  Anyway, was anyone on here on of the people
> interviewed?  I remember one guy wearing a suit with a beard and no
> mustache

     Dr. Lawrence Schoen, Editor of HolQeD and top man in the Klingon
Language Institute.

> and one man dressed like a Klingon, complete with headplate.

     Captain Krankor, although he may argue with the phrase "LIKE a Klingon."
Would you say Clinton was dressed like a president or that John Paul was
dressed like a Pope?

     I will comment on the "headplate", however. The KAG in Greensboro, NC
has what I think are better makeup people. Their ridges are a little more
convincingly part of their faces, though preparation takes a while, and I'm
not sure how well it could be done at a campground.

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level