tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 20 07:01:19 1993

Re: Daily Musings

On Oct 19, 10:58pm, The Songbringer -- Marnen to the common fol k wrote:
> Subject: Re: Daily Musings
>
> jatlh Qumpin 'avrin:
> [...]
> : "ghojmoHwI' Dun 'oH 'oy''e'" jatlh tlhInganpu'.
> nuqjatlh? This looks like it means "A pain is the wonderful teacher." I
> think
> you mean >'oy' ghaH ghojmoHwi' Dun'e'< (and notice the use of >ghaH< rather
> than >'oH<!).

     I don't think 'e' works on a verb, even if it is used adjectivally. It
is a noun suffix. While I'm not sure I value the sentence enough to polish it
even further, I would have at least placed that suffix on ghojmoHwI', given
that it is at least a noun.

--   charghwI'

> : -QumpIn 'avrIn
> :  [email protected]
> :
> :
>
> Qapla' Qichqemwi'vo'.
> -- End of excerpt from [email protected] (The Songbringer -- Marnen
to the common fol k)

Back to archive top level