tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 20 17:40:59 1993

Re: nujDaq qam lanpu' vay'

By the time I respond to this, HoD Qanqor will have left (I think).  So
my comments to his comments are directed to all.

> Both are serious problems.  'e'mo' is an old saw.  It would be wonderful
> if it were legal, but there is not yet enough evidence to claim it is.
> You have to restructure the sentence.

I already asked about this to Mr. Shoulsen in another message.

> Similarly, the 'ar thing needs restructuring.  The basic tack is to turn
> the thing into a noun, using -ghach, so that it becomes a legal candidate
> for 'ar.

The other option I was thinking of used "-ghach"  for "You don't know how
much embarrassement I had."

tuHghach 'ar vIghaj 'e' DaSovbe'  (I think "tuH" was the verb I used)

> Aside from these, it was a great translation, and a wonderful story!

qatlho'

>                     --Krankor

Peter Garza
[email protected]