tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 19 03:04:21 1993

Re: nujDaq qam lanpu' vay'

>(1) I wanted to say "because of <the whole sentence>".  Since "'e'" is
>a pronoun, I guessed it could take verb suffixes like the other
>pronouns.
>
>(2) "How much I was embarrassed", but I doubt this is a correct use of
>"'ar".  There is probably a better word or construction, but I
>couldn't think of any right off hand.

Both are serious problems.  'e'mo' is an old saw.  It would be wonderful
if it were legal, but there is not yet enough evidence to claim it is.
You have to restructure the sentence.

Similarly, the 'ar thing needs restructuring.  The basic tack is to turn
the thing into a noun, using -ghach, so that it becomes a legal candidate
for 'ar.

Aside from these, it was a great translation, and a wonderful story!

                    --Krankor

Back to archive top level