tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 19 07:32:24 1993

Administrator on Vacation

>From: Captain Krankor <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 02:40:42 -0700

>>I apologize for the English (again), but this is a rather important
>>question. I was recently chatting with ~mark, and discovered, to my
>>*astonishment*, that  he was/is NOT a grammarian on this list.  This leads
>>me to ask the question:
>>
>>Who ARE the grammarians?????

>The rules about grammarians were worded in the plural to cover the
>eventuality that there might someday be multiple grammarians.  So far
>there really hasn't seemed to be the need, so I remain the sole
>grammarian.

>However, it has been clear in my mind for some time that, should we decide
>to add another one, mark would be it (if he so desired).  He is extremely
>knowledgable and I basically always agree with what he posts.  As such, I
>seldom need to comment on his comments and often just let his corrections
>stand.  So, in essence, he has been kind of functioning as an unofficial
>grammarian.  Indeed, I have been thinking of him as such.  To this point
>my only reluctance towards making him officially one has been the as-of-yet
>unresolved issues of logistics:  who corrects what, what happens when
>grammarians disagree, etc.

I.... I don't really know what to say.  I guess I also considered myself a
pseudo-grammarian, mostly because of an inflated ego and a talkative nature
that makes it hard to shut up (problems I sometimes have).

>Because of this, and because, even once I return, it will take me some
>time to get caught up on the list again, and because of everything I said
>above:  I am appointing ~mark temporary grammarian, with a fairly high
>probability that this will become perminent if all goes well.  Because
>this is a temporary measure, I'm dumping it on him without seeking his
>consent.  {{:-)  Rest assured, mark, that your consent *will* be required
>to make it perminent.

choquvqu'moHbej, HoDwI'.  batlh patlh laDwI'pu' ghItlhwI'pu' je vItoy' 'e'
vItul.

>		   --Captain Krankor, List Grammarian

~mark

Back to archive top level