tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 19 01:39:33 1993

Re: Administrator on Vacation

>I apologize for the English (again), but this is a rather important
>question. I was recently chatting with ~mark, and discovered, to my
>*astonishment*, that  he was/is NOT a grammarian on this list.  This leads
>me to ask the question:
>
>Who ARE the grammarians?????

The rules about grammarians were worded in the plural to cover the
eventuality that there might someday be multiple grammarians.  So far
there really hasn't seemed to be the need, so I remain the sole
grammarian.

However, it has been clear in my mind for some time that, should we decide
to add another one, mark would be it (if he so desired).  He is extremely
knowledgable and I basically always agree with what he posts.  As such, I
seldom need to comment on his comments and often just let his corrections
stand.  So, in essence, he has been kind of functioning as an unofficial
grammarian.  Indeed, I have been thinking of him as such.  To this point
my only reluctance towards making him officially one has been the as-of-yet
unresolved issues of logistics:  who corrects what, what happens when
grammarians disagree, etc.

>I'm going to be on vacation for about a week. The list should continue
>functioning, and the list software can still be used for the usual
>administrative tasks.
>
>While I'm away, queries should be directed to Captain Krankor.

>Elias Israel
>[email protected]

Bad plan, Eli, as I am going to be away for the same period of time.

Because of this, and because, even once I return, it will take me some
time to get caught up on the list again, and because of everything I said
above:  I am appointing ~mark temporary grammarian, with a fairly high
probability that this will become perminent if all goes well.  Because
this is a temporary measure, I'm dumping it on him without seeking his
consent.  {{:-)  Rest assured, mark, that your consent *will* be required
to make it perminent.

                        --Captain Krankor, List Grammarian

Back to archive top level