tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 15:03:27 1993

---------------!?

nuq latlh?  toH.  KlokovaD vay' vItlhob vIneH:  qatlh reH
mu'meylIjDaq "-"mey DaghItlh?  Dochvam vIyajbe'chu', 'ej Qatlh
jabbI'IDmeylIj laDghach.  tlhIngan Hol Dalo'taHmo' jIQuchqu'-- naDev
SuvwI' Hol vIlegh reH 'e' vItIvqu'!-- 'ach "-"mey DachIlneSchugh vaj
tlho'wIj Daghajbej!

          Oooooooooooh!  Geek-pique!  Like, I'm soooooooo im-pressed!

          What's with the megillah?  You wanna know why I use hyphens?
          It's simple:  sometimes when grown-ups transcribe exotic
          languages, they use hyphens to emphasize bound morphemes
          while maintaining the integrity of the word-unit.  Like, it
          makes them easier to look up.  Think of it as a quantum
          state thing:  the word's separate, but together.  Also
          think of it as a stylistic difference, and nothing that a
          pooh-bah need putz around with.

          Kloko-vo'.

Back to archive top level