tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 19 07:42:59 1993

RE: Klingon Kulture, qam-wIj!

On Jul 18,  8:39pm, Emperor Krenath wrote:

> I enjoy myself and do not believe I am losing touch with reality, and I
> think I can find enough people to back up my claim in case my own judgement
> is in question.  I do not try to interfere with others' enjoyment of this
> list or their own hobbies and I do not expect others to do that to me.
>
> Enjoy the List and let others do so or please unsubscribe.
>
> - Krenath

     MajQa'. Very eloquently said. There is a bond of kindness that exists
here, where adults give each other a place to enjoy a fantasy together. There
is supportiveness more often than whiney criticism or mean spirited character
assasination. In the interest of clarity, there are suggested
corrections/improvements of the Klingon written by others. I've been the
target of such criticism and I appreciate it. It improves my Klingon skills.
I do not then take that as a personal attack and return fire, personally
attacking those who corrected me.

     My interest (as I've stated earlier) in Klingon culture began with
Qugh's line in ST3: "Yes, invigorating, isn't it?" It's the passion for the
intense experience of life instead of mere prolonged existence that attracted
me.
     I just got back from a weekend of backpacking. First, I went in for
round two with my root canal, then fourteen hours marching with forty pounds
on my back, a very natural shit in the woods experience, and a fearless
confrontation with a rattlesnake along the trail all made for a most
satisfying weekend. (The rattler was left quite unharmed as I shielded myself
and Susan with my walking stick and made my way around it.) My shoulders ache
most wonderfully and I feel very much in touch with my imaginary Klingon
roots.
     Perhaps details will follow, but in tlhIngan Hol, as I have time to
translate.

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level