tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 15:09:01 1993

Re: tonSaw, pabpo'

po' is definitely in TKD.  pabpo' is a constructed compound.  In retrospect,
it is not the grammatically best compound, as it relies on the somewhat
tenuous assumption that po' could also be used as a noun.  One could argue
that pabpo'wI' would be better, but we've been using pabpo' for so long on
this list that as far as I'm concerned, it has passed into common usage.
If nothing else, it is an interesting historic marker of how much my own
tlhIngan Hol skills have improved since Eli and I started this list; it is
doubtful I would let that slip by today.

			--Krankor

Back to archive top level