tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 16 06:14:26 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] New TKD Copyright

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

qe'San:
> EuroTalk also had to go through CBS rather than Paramount.  In my limited
> experience it seems that the people in CBS are more behind the language
> than Paramount seemed to be while they owned the rights.

Aha!  So that explains the frequent references to Klingon in CBS's "The Big Bang Theory".  If somebody else owned the copyright, I'd bet the network's lawyers wouldn't let the scriptwriters use "Klingon", which is a registered trademark (R).  (Not to mention all the other Trek references.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons