tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 28 13:38:02 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] ramwI'mey

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

De'vID (?):
>>> {laghHa'} lo'lu'chugh laghDI' Qagh 'e' vIQub.  ghaytan
>>> DalaghHa'be'.

Qov:
>> jIQochqu'. lagh 'ej laghHa'bej. mu'mey ngo' Qaw'be' mu'mey chu'.

Qov:
> Some of them are canon. Some of them are sometimes ambiguous, but in
> the case of this weapon it was very clear what he was doing. I don't
> think it would be wrong to say ...
>
> De'wI'wIj vIlaghtaHvIS bong vIlaghHa'. DaH vagh leQmey vIjomqa'laHbe'.

"While disassembling my computer I accidentally mis-disassembled it. Now I cannot re-install five switches."

I'm guessing you're saying that you made a mistake whilst taking your computer apart (and now you have 5 extra switches you don't know what to do with) using the "do wrongly" meaning of {-Ha'}.  But can't this be collapsed to:

  bong De'wI'wIj vIlaghHa'.

I at first understood the "undo" meaning.  I took *{laghHa'} to mean put back together or reassemble something you had previously taken apart.  (Flashback to the time I had to field strip an M-16 rifle and then put it back together again in front of three Marine DI's while in Navy Officer Candidate School.  Fortunately I managed to do it eventually even though I'm generally mechanically inept; at least, I wasn't the last to finish!)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons