tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 13 09:47:44 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qo''e' tu'bogh pagh - 'ay' wa'maH

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>> ra'ghomquv DevwI''a'wI'[2] ghaH.
>>
>> [2] - We have all kinds of Klingon words for military ranks and positions... which one is "Chief of Staff"?[2]

QeS:
> I wonder if "Chief of Staff" refers to the same position as that of
> the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the U.S. military. If that's the case,
> I'd put this as ra'ghomquv pIn'a'.

This is the {la'quv}:

KGT 51-52:  "The official Klingon {QI'} is the Klingon Defense Force, or {tlhIngan Hubbeq}, which is run by the Klingon High Command, or {tlhIngan ra'ghomquv}. [...] The highest military officer, the head of the Klingon High Command, is the {la'quv}, usually translated Supreme Commander.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons