tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 10 13:19:18 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh wejmaH vagh: <potlh QonoS>

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Qov <[email protected]> wrote:
>> If {-taH} here is intended to describe a continual or habitual action
>> rather than a continuous one, I think it's better left off.
>
> If SuStel is reading I'd be interested in his take on this, wrt to his
> "every verb needs an aspect suffix" idea.

I don't intend to put words in his mouth, but what I understand of his
position is that verbs lacking a type 7 suffix are best understood as
describing situations rather than events or processes. However, the
distinction he makes between "perfective" and "perfected" is one I do
not understand completely, nor do I see it as important to my use of
the language.