tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 21 16:35:15 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] mIl'oD veDDIr SuvwI': 'ay' cha' - 11. yIvoq 'ach yI'ol

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 09:57 '?????' 8/21/2012, you wrote:
jIH:
> [2] Though in the original Tinatin is the monarch of Arabia (the Georgian word is /mepe/ "king"), > voDleH/ta' seems a little too much, since the story involves several rulers of various Sepmey. So > tIna'tIn is the joH'a', and the petty lords she rules over, I'm calling jawpu' (I know joH and jaw are > synonyms, but making them distinct makes the terminology a little less confusing).

Qov:
> I'm totally happy with her as voDleH. There's no higher authority, right?

lugh. choH Dachupbogh vIlajqangbej.

The historical Queen Tamar seems to have been styled the King of Kings, so if anything voDleH is underdoing it. The closest I got to fulfilling Rule 34 on Rustaveli was a Russian play purportedly about Queen Tamar's first wedding night, but I can't find the text online and am too lazy to go to the library.

- Qov