tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 27 14:06:26 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nu'uchtaH San ghop

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 12:32 '?????' 4/27/2012, you wrote:
De'vID:
>>> rInDI' may', {Nobunaga}vaD jatlh boQDaj: <San ghop choHlaH pagh.>
>> Also {choH} might not work for {ghop} here... maybe {SIgh}?

Qov:
> I liked choH. Or maybe choHmoH. SIgh is too weak.

I'm reminded of KGT p.106-7 where it implies that {ghop choH} would be
taken literally, i.e., Fate (a personified goddess) has had her hand
(a literal body part) altered in some way,

But that's the metaphor: that her hand that holds someone back or propels them forward has been made to change its action. Or do you think the hand of fate acts another way?

not that her actions have been made different than they would have been otherwise, which is what
"changing the hand of Fate" actually means.

Metaphors within metaphors!

- Qov