tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 07:35:14 2011

RE: mu'tlheghvam yIlughmoH

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

Much of what you say is very true, lojmIt tI'wI' nuv, although I might actually recommend the opposite of what you suggest in this particular case:  Skip the vISovbe' or wej vISov and just ask what it is.

nuq 'oH bomvam 'o'meH'e'.  wej vISov.
[wej vISov seems redundant.  Why would you ask if you don't know?  ghIlab ghewmey tIbuSQo'!]

bomvam 'o'meH vISovbe'.
["Well, sucks to be you, then.  What do you want from me?  You want me to tell you how the song ends?  Then ASK me and be done with it!  bIQongtaHvIS nItlhejchugh targhmey bIvemDI' nItlhej ghIlab ghewmey!"]

nuq 'oH bomvam 'o'meH'e'.
[Gets straight to the point and gets the job done.]