tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 03 07:06:28 2010

Re: KLBC: tlhIngan qeq

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

(It's unclear to me if quvar was intending to suggest corrections or let these stand on their own.  As the last BG, I'll take the liberty of responding. If I have overstepped my bounds, please excuse me and let me know.)

--- On Tue, 2/2/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

> QInlIj vIHev 'e' vIquv!
> (I am honored to receive your message)

Since {quv} 'be honored' doesn't take objects, this should be

QInlIj vIHevmo' jIquv

(note the "no object" verb prefix on {quv})

[pe'...] Mostly good, but watch the capitalization of 'I'

> 'oHmey DaghItlhpu'bogh 'oHmey vIghItlhbogh ghap?
> (Those you wrote or those I write?)

The "plural" of {'oH} is {bIH}, but stylistically, I'd probably just repeat {mu'tlhegh}, since we know Klingons don't mind repetition.

>     /buSwI'

maj. batlh DaghItlh.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level