tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 21 09:12:08 2010

RE: monastery

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

>> a) {ghIn} is a term for "a religious community"
>> b) {ghIn} is a term for a "religious community"
>
> What connotations are a) and b) supposed to have that I'm not seeing?  Neither one says "building" to me.

My interpretation:

a) {ghin} is a word meaning "a religious community".
b) {ghin} is a word used by a "religious" community.

I do believe that Okrand meant the latter (to clarify that this wasn't just the term used by the clerics of Boreth, or by people who worship monastically by Human standards), but I'd say it's far from being perfectly clear.

Back to archive top level