tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 21 10:40:06 2010

RE: monastery

Seruq ([email protected])

Many times the US government, or the President himself, is referred to as "Washington" or "The White
House".  Specific buildings referencing the people inside.
Same with "The Vatican", and that "Branch Davidian" group some may recall.
In religion they often preach that the "church" is not the building, but the people; but yet they
are still strongly associated with the building.
I see ghIn as a vague mixture of the people, and the building in which they live/gather, with ...
wait for it ... our popular word ... CONTEXT clarifying which is being referred to.

DloraH

Back to archive top level