tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 13 08:30:45 2008

RE: Did Okrand help?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

ter'eS wrote:
> Does anyone know if MO was involved in the Star Trek: Vanguard book
> series, by David Mack? I'm reading Harbinger now, about half way through.

I did some quick Googling, but could find no mention of Okrand's involvement.  For more info on the series, see:

        http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Vanguard
        (with links to pages for each novel)

        http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek:_Vanguard

> One word is a kind of vitamin pill, called a {tuQloS}. I don't get any
> particular meaning out of that,

"wear + four" or "wear + wait for" (??)

It certainly sounds like a pun -- but of what?  A brand of vitamins, such as "One-A-Day" multivitamins here in the U.S.?

(BTW, Doneq once suggested that {loS} was itself a pun: "wait fo(u)r".

> but in another place, one of the Klingons refers to his male member
> as his {loDmach}.  I find this hilarious, and it seems like a very
> Okrandian sort of pun.

You're right, it does sound like Okrand.  FYI Glen Proechel used the more prosaic *{loDjan} for "male organ" in his "The Warrior Tongue at Warp Speed".

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level