tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 16 07:25:02 2008

Re: Did Okrand help?

Joel Anderson ([email protected])

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]>wrote:
> ter'eS wrote:
> > Does anyone know if MO was involved in the Star Trek: Vanguard book
> > series, by David Mack? I'm reading Harbinger now, about half way through.
>
> > One word is a kind of vitamin pill, called a {tuQloS}. I don't get any
> > particular meaning out of that,
>
> "wear + four" or "wear + wait for" (??)

I think it's a mistake to call it a "vitamin" - they are taken by a
Klingon-spy-disguised-as-a-human:
*
*

*"she would slip away to the lavatory and sneak a couple tuQloS pills to
help her body take some sustenance from the human food she was forced to
consume."*

It's part of her disquise, perhaps that's the "wear" part - she's wearing
another form.  It lets her "wait" while wearing the false form?

Or maybe it's a silly pun on "wherefore."

--

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our
enemies; probably because generally they are the same people." GKC

Back to archive top level