tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 28 19:52:12 2008

Re: idea for writing system

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jul 26, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Sangqar wrote:

> Personally, I don't see the purpose in creating a writing system for
> Klingon. Inside the fiction, we know there is one - we just don't know
> the details. Outside the fiction, we know Okrand created it using the
> Latin alphabet.

I'm pretty sure he actually *created* it using IPA, then developed
the Romanized system we use so it could be written into the movie
script easily.  The capital {I} we use today appears to be an
artifact of the IPA origins.

Back to archive top level