tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 10 17:27:08 2008

Re: KCD 7

Doq ([email protected])

One more small attempt at polish.

Doq

On Feb 10, 2008, at 4:20 PM, qa'vaj wrote:

> *** SPOILER ALERT
> *** This post may contain spoilers for Start Trek Klingon CD Game
> *** Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.
> *** yIqIm!
> *** Hov leng tlhIngan CD Quj De' 'ang QInvam.
> *** De'vetlh DaSov DaneHbe'chugh yIlaDQo'.
>

> -- translation --
>
> [ghawran:]
>
> DaH! qagh! maj! yIntaH 'e' vItul.
>
> [paqvaD jalth ghawran:]
>
> naDev bIghoStaHvIS be' DangeQ'a'?
>
> [Qa'lan:]
>
> be'? be' charghmeH Sov Daghaj 'e' vIHon.

I'm not really sure about Klingon attitudes toward women. This fits
one model, but then most Klingon women seem quite able to avoid being
conquered by pretty much anybody. It seems presumptive to use
{chargh}, though I understand why you chose that route.

I might go for something a bit more neutral in terms of assuming the
nature of the relationship or the action, like:

be'? ghaytanHa' be' ngoQ yaj loDHomvam nenbe'.

The rest is fine.

Back to archive top level