tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 29 15:00:38 2008

Re: Klingon WOTD: nech (verb)

On Apr 29, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:
> What I was thinking was a motion which ghunchu'wI' himself
> mentioned in an
> old post about the wing baffles {tel vID'Irmey} on the BoP
> Poster:  "They're specifically the multiple interleaved 'plates' at
> the
> hinged area which slide past one another as the wing changes
> orientation
> between attack, cruise, and landing configuration."

{nech} "be lateral" is about direction.  You seem to want a word for
the *manner* of motion.

{nech} is totally the wrong direction for the wing baffles anyway.
Both {chong} "be vertical" and {Don} "be parallel" describe them better.

Back to archive top level