tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 28 15:20:11 2008

Re: Klingon WOTD: nech (verb)

On Apr 28, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:
> Can {nech} also cover "move side-to-side", "move horizontally",
> "slide"?

It obviously covers the first two; "laterally" *means* to or from the
side.

However, I don't see where "slide" fits here.  Most things that slide
in my house move front-to-back, not side-to-side, and most things
that I see sliding outside my house do it by moving diagonally downward.

Back to archive top level